segunda-feira, 16 de agosto de 2010

Visual Metaphor Assignment - due to august 30

Using a digital camera, take a picture to use as a visual representation of yourself as a teacher. Then, explain why you chose this picture and what it represents. The questions below may help you think about it.
a) What does this photo represent?
b) Why did I choose to be an English Teacher?
c) How does teaching make me feel?
d) What do I think my role as a teacher should be?
e) What aspects of teaching seem the most/least difficult to me?
f) What is the best way to teach English in public school?

Um comentário:

  1. I chose this picture as a representation of myself as a teacher because, first of all, it was a typical day in which I was leaving home to go to school. As one can see, it was a little bit dark, once it was before 7 a.m.. In addition to this, it also shows how I used to dress and what I carried with me whenever I went to classroom: I tried to wear comfortable clothes because I knew I would teach almost the whole morning (casual ones + no high heels – I used to walk a lot inside the class and go up and down through the several stairs the school has) and I carried my material, students’ homework and, of course, a bottle of water.
    This career, mainly after the different internships I have made, rewards me in many ways: I feel I try to improve more and more; I try to teach meaningful classes; it is nice to listen to students’ comments abut our classes, their opinions expressed in activities and, in the end, I try to think of what I could change/add/boost in their lives.
    I think there is not “the” best way to teach, once there are no recipes. Actually we should not follow one model…instead, we could try to adapt our teaching to students’ needs. If we feel we need to focus in certain aspects rather than in others, than we should give it a try. By the way, my relationship with students and teachers at the school was an easy task for me, I had no problems. The most difficult aspect though seems to be the number of pupils per class, I always tried to think if I was really paying attention in each one of them.

    ResponderExcluir